To access Fort Myer, if you are not DoD affiliated personnel or a Common Access Card (CAC) holder
There are three options for entry:
- Enter as a passenger in a vehicle operated by DoD affiliated personnel or a CAC card holder, or
- Enter through the Hatfield Gate (directions below) and complete a . "REQUEST FOR ACCESS" form (This option is recommended for persons who plan to come to only one or a limited number of meetings, such as our speakers or their guests).
- Enter through the Hatfield Gate with an Automated Installation Entry (AIE) pass. To obtain an AIE pass, you must:
- Complete the "REQUEST FOR ACCESS" form,
- Obtain a completed sponsor page (available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org), and
- Bring the completed form with the sponsor page within the hours specified below the next time you visit Fort Myer to be processed by the Visitor Control Center MP Station, Bldg. 415 (located adjacent to the Hatfield Gate). The Visitor Control Center is open:
Tues - Fri: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
DIRECTIONS TO THE PUBLIC/VISITOR ENTRANCE FOR FORT MYER-HATFIELD GATE
Proceed north toward Washington. I-95 becomes 1-395. Take Exit 8A marked "Washington Boulevard, Route 27." Bear left on the ramp, following the signs. Exit Washington Boulevard to the right at the exit marked "Fort Myer Only."
From the District of Columbia
Take 1-395 out of the city and into Virginia. Pass the Pentagon on your right and take Exit 8A for “Washington Boulevard, Route 27.” Proceed on Washington Boulevard and take the exit marked "Fort Myer Only" on the right.
From the West via I-66 East
From the Northwest via the Capital Beltway (I-495) and George Washington Parkway
Take I-66 East to exit 71 for Fairfax Drive. Continue on Fairfax Drive to North Glebe Road and turn right onto North Glebe Road/Route 120 South. Continue on North Glebe Road/120 South past Route 50 to 2nd Street South. Left on 2nd Street South to the Hatfield Gate.
I-495 West to exit 43-44/George Washington Memorial Parkway/ Georgetown Pike. Take first right fork for the George Washington Memorial Parkway. Continue on the George Washington Parkway and take the exit/fork to the right for Washington Boulevard/Pentagon/I-395. Continue on Washington Boulevard and take the exit marked "Fort Myer Only" on the right.
FOR INTERACTIVE INFORMATION ABOUT
TAKING PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION TO FT. MYER,